Saturday last week, Mama S called me up and asked if we could meet at Gateway Mall in Cubao to talk about my thesis and the colloqium results on that day instead of Sunday (she had requested so for safety measures lest a riot break out in the EDSA Shrine area where we usually had Mass.) So, ride I did to Gateway Mall, thesis materials, colloqium notes, and mindfullness in tow.
My preconcieved notions of Gateway had been right: it is the Podium of the Cubao area. The polished, well-lit interiors of the Mall gave that away to me, but more so the presence of what I'd consider to be upper-crust shops, like Fully Booked, Orange Juice, and etcetera.
I soon met my grandmother waiting for me on a table somewhere in the Foodcourt area (which had another clue: The two cheapest choices there were Burger King and Wendy's). After a quick trip to the washroom, we sat ourselves down and talked. fifteen minutes into our discussion, we had already arrived at a decision where I'd take my thesis: the thesis would be about Sir Tony's relationships with the playwrights of Filipino plays he's done.
Quite honestly, I didn't even know we were on the road, much less driving to somewhere.
I'm not sure if I should feel bad or sad about the whole situation, if I should say my own decision-making process was undermined, but then on the brighter side, at least I can consider myself "move three squares ahead" on the great thesis board game. It's just I'm feeling what I think is either mental inertia or mental elevator complex. (you know, when you ride an elevator going down, it finally does stop, but you feel like your brain's still up there and is trailing down back to you.)
With all things finally said, after a heavy Wendy's snack, we parted for home. Mama S took a jeep back to her little apartment in Betty Go Belmonte, and I trekked off to SM to pick up a Bodhi dinner.
I honestly still feel elevator inertia. The Sir Alex job is Bonamine to my head.

No comments:
Post a Comment