Saturday, May 28, 2005

Summer's End Very Soon

Hello, everyone.

The weather here at Cainta has been,,, how shall I say this? Fickle? Indecisive? Namby-pambyish? Everyday at late afternoon , the sky turns a sullen grey and lets loose a grumble-growl every now and then. It stays this way for an hour or two, keeping us mortals on uneasy tenterhooks, waiting for something final from the sky. It's that way unti early evening. Either that, or an unusually light drizzle to punctuate it all.

Yesterday found my purging my heavy purple plastic thesis "suitcase" of old material I didn't need to hang onto anymore. I've rearranged my suitcase proirities, entitled the good spaces for what and who matters for my thesis. The new topic has freed me to start from scratch. And it's good.

I'm currently combing through the first few chapters of Harold Clurman's On Directing, as I've found they prove yo be most helpful. Here I am, picking up and picking through the pieces again , and it feels good to find some choice pieces are bigger and and of better weight than most of the pieces I previously had to make do with. This book is certainly going into my Review of Related Lit list.

There's still a few more old, hard-bound books leased from my grandmother's library to peruse before the School Library opens, so there's still more work to be done. I must admit, it's been quite a while since I've felt like this. I can sense the whisker-tips of the creature called Fullfilment just a touch away from my fingers. Musn't tease, musn't coax, musn't frighten it away. Approach it will, pawed-step by soft pawed-step.

No comments: