This little story happened this Tuesday, April 26, 2005.
I went upstairs to the Speech Department after STS class at around 3:00 or 4:00pm to catch Ma'am Edna. I had wanted to ask her (1)if she had read my Submitted copy of my thesis proposal, and/or my play, and if she had, (2)what she had to say about it/them. I found her behind the enclosed Kitchenette area, and I went to consult with her after she had finished her business with Marte Nerona, another Theater Major. I first asked her if she had read my thesis proposal. After all, I was able to submitted it by Friday of last week, before the recommended 2:00 cut-off time, as my co-researchers ha told me. She said no.
I then asked if she, by some chance during the time she was away, had already read my submitted play. This play has been the last of six ideas, five of which went down the drain during Playwriting class. I gave in a full copy and slipped it into her pigeon-hole about a month ago, before the second semester properly ended. And again, she said no.
I then asked her when might I or we as her Playwriting class might know what she had to say about our final pieces of work. She said sometime around June. That, or middle of July. Thinking about it, I think she also said we might start rehearsing middle of July or something like it. Which time went with what event, those were unclear.
And to think I had hoped I could graduate by middle of the incoming first semester. It's just rather disheartening you try to get yourself started and roll your sleeves up for work, and something like this happens. On another hand, James did tell me I could use the time to take care of my other subjects that need my attention. Like my thesis. Wise thing to do.
Take it in stride. This too shall pass.
Friday, April 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment