Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ganda ng update ko. ^_^

Magpapakabait na po ako. Pramis.

Kasi sayang na po ang oras na hindi koo nagagamit mg matino. Kung hindi ko pag-igihan ang pag-aaral ko, sayang din. Kelan pa ako makakatapos? Sayang ang kuwento.

Basta.
Magpapakabait na po ako.


Yesterday, I brought my iBook to school to continue working on the original St. Louis script. I also came to school to see if Ma'am Edna May was available for consultation, and if she was, I wanted to ask what happened to my play. and I find out... birthday po pala niya today. Demo, she won't come to school today. On the upside of things, at least she'll let me see her by Wednesday next week. That's good.

Last night, I finally got back to working on my notecards. Sayang din lang kung nakatiwangwang siya na parang naghihintay na ma-anay. Yak. Not good for a student working on her thesis.

And this morning, things have nicely begun to speed up. I've been constantly nagged for a whole weeek: I want to give Sir Floy Quintos a letter and a list of possible interview questions while he's still in the vicinty before I lose the chance to do so. I mean, he's practically been on the school grounds every show day since the St. Louis Loves Dem Filipinos Musical opened, and I'd be a dummy to not take the opportunity. So, I will. By Sunday, hoepfully he'll be around too, and we'll try to ask when I might have the chance to interview him at his convenience for my thesis. Let's keep our fingers crossed, folks.

Next on the long-should-have-been-done list, I call up Palanca Foundation and ask for Miss Babes, just like how Dean advised me to. Miss Babes sounded sweet and accommodating on the phone, and she was nice to help me out with what I needed. She told me she'd prepare a copy of Dong de los Reyes' Daungan... Laot... Daungan for me, and I could pick it up anytime soon. Just in case I came by after office hours, she'd leave the copy with the guard and I could just pay for it there. I also asked if it would be possible to ask how I might contact the playwright, and she told me she'd put in Sir de los Reyes' contact number in with the manuscript. Wow. That's... certainly nice of them. Honestly, I wasn't expecting the people at Palanca would be this nice, but wow. I'm thankful.

As for Sir Tony's package at his pigeon-hole, it's still there, despite the fact I heard Sir Tony's baritone voice in the loft of the Dulaang UP office discussing GABRIELA with Ma'am Jose. Sir Larry, the clerk at the Department, told me it'd be best to just let it be; he'd come 'round the Department sooner or later, see it, and pick it up.

So, there.

No comments: