Sunday, July 31, 2005

Tatay ko yan!

This Sunday saw a couple of crests go through the family, with me and my Dad, at least.

But first, news on Papa: Just in case you subscribe to The Philippine Star, nadyaryo po ang Tatay ko!!!

I recieved news of this only later this afternoon soonest I got home from my bi-weekly meet with my Grandmother at Robinson's Galleria. So tayo, lakad, labas ng bahay, bili. Basa.

Tatay ko yun! ^_^*


The article's about my Dad, Joey Valenciano, as the Sitar Man. It talks about his experiences learning to master the instrument in India at the age of 19. ('Wag ka, he actually went lived there all by himself. O, kaya mo yun?) It also talks about what he loves so much about playing sitar, alongside his love for jazz. You can catch him playing Weekdays at Bollywood in Greenbelt 3, just in case you savvy some Indian dining and great music to boot. (Sige na, pagbigyan nyo nang i-plug ko dito ang tatay ko; blog ko naman 'to eh. ^_^)

You can catch the article on page 14 of today's Starweek Mag. Or, if you prefer cyber-ink, you can take a look here.

Tatay ko yun. ^_^*

<><><><><><><><>


The other crest would have to be mine. Finally, after one month, nakaraos rin po: the second refurbished edition of my seventh (and good Lord, Final!) play is done. I technically exiled myself for one whole weekday yesterday just to finish the play, and yes, we are done. Fifteen pages all, sans Title page.

I had to show the manuscript to Mama S for editing and word choice fixes, and well, what can I say? The play got her thinking, and talking. I mean, I'm not sure if it has anything deeply philosophical or dramatic to offer, but in her own words, "it gives people something to discuss after seeing it". It's got her hooked, and well, if it has someone of her theatrical experience hooked, then I guess I've done my best.

Basta, masaya po ako.

Come Tuesday, I'llslip this manuscript into Ma'am Edna May's pigeon holeand listen to what she has to say about it. Then of course, ther'e still casting and rehearsals to think about, but let's worry about things when we actually get there.

Truth be told, I can feel the weight of the work slowly lifting off me, but I can still feel the heaviness none the less. Kung baga, Unbearable lightness. (Pasensya na po, Sir Milan Kundera.)

I just feel real good right now. Anticipating work with a steady head on my shoulders.

No comments: